Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Flu Portrait



Hi class.

I have the flu! So, naturally, I will not be in this evening [2/9/11]. To make up for my absence, I have decided to grace you with the opportunity of viewing my self portrait instead of my [or what feels like] dying body.

I have never done a self-portrait before, and try to avoid facial features at all costs when I'm drawing because I have this issue with proportions that I feel like I will never be able to overcome. AND! I have cartoon lips. They look fake even without me attempting to draw them, sooooooo. Yes, that was a struggle. The photo that I will be uploading is actually the 2nd of two portraits I did, the first was even more dis-proportioned, and I ended up just erasing the lips because they were frustrating me too much. In the 2nd, I drew the lips maybe once and just left it at that.

So yeah, usually I would not let anyone -- besides maybe my doctor -- see me like this.. But for the sake of Art Appreciation, here it is.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see the post, Katherine. I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very nice features in this portrait, however it would of been nice to see the pencil darker.

    ReplyDelete